- Sting flew from Montserrat (?) to Britain to see his girlfriend Trudie Styler (she had left Montserrat after a post-Christmas bust-up) who performed as Queen Mary Astor in the world premiere of the musical "Hollywood Babylon" at the Bridge Lane Theatre - source: various clippings (could also have been the flight back from Canada from around 1983-02-15)
- Sting met Boy George in New York http://www.sting.com/news/article/23
- March 1983 - Andy in the USA, Stewart in England, Sting in LA (visited IRS office jogging in shorts) (Outlandos newsletter - March 1983)
- Jeff about the early months
1. I believe we were at Francis Ford Coppola's house sometime in March for the start of Rumblefish. 2. We worked at Tres Virgos for several weeks then went to LA, possibly for that photo studio programming rehearsal. 3. After the LA rehearsals, I believe we had some time off for Easter, possibly when SC saw Henry in the UK and I went to NJ. 4. We then returned to San Raphael and Tres Virgos to finish the scoring.
- on the set for the Wrapped video in Los Angeles Sting comments that he'll fly to the Caribbean for a week afterwards before returning to Britain (Rockbill - June 1983)
- in Playgirl (Nov. 1983) there's also an interview from the Wrapped shoot - he mentions he's living at the Chateau Marmont, also flying to the Caribbean, then London, Dune, Police tour
- in May Andy is interviewed at his Putney home for GUITAR HEROES July 1983 - "had a press conference this week" (could be May 18 he's referring to) and "talked to Eric Clapton last night" (he played in London on May 16, 17, 18 and 19)
- in early June 1983 (2, 3 or 4) Stewart and pregnant Sonja attended a David Bowie concert at Wembley Arena in London, England, UK (Legalise It !! / Legalised ! no. 2)
- at some point Stewart AND Andy promoted the new LP in Paris at the hotel Crillon (BEST - July 1983)
- Andy on vacation in Italy (Lake Como and Sardinia) - also promoting Synchronicity in Milan June 27 and Rome June 28 (Giovanni info)
- Andy saw a gig in Chicago - probably 1983 - The Crusaders with guitarist David T. Walker (interview in a 1984 magazine)
- according to a photo in Modern Drummer Stewart attended the PASIC convention in Knoxville, TN - that might have been on November 4, 5 or 6 "Hey, this is from one of my Modern Drummer magazines. The PASIC show coincided with the Police show in Knoxville 1983. This would have been a Friday thru Sunday show. My guess is he went on November 4th. The picture you have on that date has him in the same jacket. They probably left Atlanta early and then flew to Knoxville. Also, I don't see him wandering around a trade show on a gig day(nov 5th).I could be wrong. Maybe Jeff went with him and can give an exact day he went. Feel free to use if you want to. Jeremy!"
Pages in category "1983"
The following 200 pages are in the current category.(previous 200) (next 200)