| This day in Police history: July 18
- On 1976-07-18, Andy Summers performed with Kevin Ayers at the Greyhound in Croydon, England, UK - while Sting was playing standards as part of the Ronnie Pearson Trio to entertain an elderly audience on a cruise aboard the SS Oriana.
- On 1977-07-18, The Police performed at Barbarella's in Birmingham, England, UK.
- On 1978-07-18, Stewart Copeland jams with Florian Pilkington-Miksa in London, England, UK.
- On 1979-07-18, The Police recorded at Surrey Sound Studios in Leatherhead, England, UK.
- On 1980-07-18, The Police recorded Zenyatta Mondatta at Wisseloord Studios in Hilversum, The Netherlands.
- On 1981-07-18, The Police recorded Ghost In The Machine at AIR Studios on Montserrat.
- On 1982-07-18, Stewart Copeland performed with Peter Gabriel at The Royal Bath & West Showground (WOMAD Festival) in Shepton Mallet, England, UK.
- On 1983-07-18, The Police cancelled a "secret" warm-up gig because of Sting's voice problem. The band rehearsed in London, England, UK
- On 1986-07-18, Stewart Copeland was injured while playing Polo (his horse did a somersault).
- On 1988-07-18, Sting performed at the BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- On 1989-07-18, Andy Summers was in Paris to promote his album The Golden Wire - Gert Bruch interviewed him for his Sting Universe fanzine.
- On 1991-07-18, Andy Summers performed at the VENUE (Nice Jazz Festival) in Nice, France.
- On 1993-07-18, Sting performed at the Stadio Comunale in Marsala, Italy.
- On 1996-07-18, Andy Summers performed in Pori, Finland - while Sting probably spent his day off in East Hampton, NY, USA.
- On 2000-07-18, Sting performed at the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- On 2002-07-18, Stewart Copeland performed at the Royal Festival Hall in London, England, UK.
- On 2003-07-18, Sting was in Nepal.
- On 2004-07-18, Sting performed at Tweeter Center in Chicago, IL, USA.
- On 2007-07-18, The Police recorded a new version of Truth Hits Everybody at Legacy Recording Studios in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2008-07-18, The Police were in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2009-07-18, Sting performed in Québec City, QC, Canada - while Stewart Copeland worked on the Ben Hur Live score in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- On 2010-07-18, Sting performed at the The Pavilion (Ravinia Festival) in Highland Park, IL, USA.
- On 2011-07-18, Sting performed at the SAP Arena in Mannheim, Germany.
- On 2012-07-18, Sting performed in Six-Fours-les-Plages, France - while Stewart Copeland performed in Catania, Italy.
- On 2013-07-18, Sting performed at the Pinède Gould (Juan-les-Pins Festival) in Juan-les-Pins, France.
- On 2014-07-18, Henry Padovani performed a private concert in Besancon, France.
- On 2015-07-18, Sting performed at Stade des Burgondes (Festival Guitare En Scene) in Saint-Julien-en-Genevois, France.
- On 2016-07-18, Sting performed with Peter Gabriel at Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2017-07-18, Stewart Copeland and Adrian Belew promoted Gizmodrome in London, England, UK.
Recent days: July 17 – July 16 – July 15
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 8924
files, made 105,296
edits, have created 19,835
good articles and created 31,128