| This day in Police history: October 25
- On 1975-10-25, Last Exit performed in Newcastle, England, UK - while Curved Air performed in Southend-on-Sea, England, UK.
- On 1976-10-25, Stewart Copeland jammed with Florian Pilkington-Miksa in London, England, UK.
- On 1977-10-25, The Police rehearsed with Eberhard Schoener at the ARRI-(film)Studios in the Türkenstraße.
- On 1978-10-25, The Police performed in Willimantic, CT, USA - while Wayne County & The Electric Chairs performed in Newcastle, England, UK.
- On 1980-10-25, The Police performed at the Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- On 1982-10-25, Sting and Stewart Copeland signed autographs at Dingwalls in London, England, UK.
- On 1983-10-25, Andy Summers signed Throb books in Chicago, IL, USA.
- On 1985-10-25, Sting spent a day off in New Orleans, LA, USA.
- On 1988-10-25, Sting performed at Tokyo Domu (Tokyo Dome) in Toyko, Japan.
- On 1989-10-25, Sting performed with the 3 Penny Opera at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1990-10-25, Andy Summers performed at Nightstage in Cambridge, MA, USA.
- On 1993-10-25, Sting saw the Paladinos (a band on the Pangaea label) at the Marquee in London, England, UK.
- On 1994-10-25, Sting met with people from his record company - probably in London, England, UK.
- On 1996-10-25, Sting performed at the Palais Theatre in Melbourne, Australia.
- On 1999-10-25, Sting had a day off in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2000-10-25, Sting performed at the Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
- On 2001-10-25, Sting performed in New York, NY, USA - while Andy Summers performed in Antwerp, Belgium.
- On 2003-10-25, Sting was on Bali, Indonesia.
- On 2006-10-25, Stewart Copeland promoted Everyone Stares: The Police Inside Out in Berlin and Barcelona, Spain.
- On 2009-10-25, Stewart Copeland saw U2 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA, USA.
- On 2010-10-25, Sting performed at the Teatro Verdi in Florence, Italy.
- On 2011-10-25, Sting travelled to Philadelphia, PA, USA - while Andy Summers was interviewed in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2012-10-25, Andy Summers & Fernanda Takai performed at the Teatro Cic in Florianopolis, Brazil.
- On 2013-10-25, Henry Padovani performed with "Les Blondes" at Secret Place in Montpellier, France.
- On 2014-10-25, Sting and the cast of The Last Ship sang outside the Neil Simon Theatre in New York, NY, USA.
Recent days: October 24 – October 23 – October 22
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 7885
files, made 97,071
edits, have created 18,525
good articles and created 28,745