| This day in Police history: December 17
a photo from the 1983-12-17
concert - copyright Sandy Lopez
- On 1965-12-17, Andy Summers performed with Zoot Money's Big Roll Band at The Cavern in Liverpool, England, UK.
- On 1975-12-17, Curved Air probably recorded demos - probably in London, England, UK.
- On 1976-12-17, Sting and Stewart Copeland jammed in London, England, UK - Andy Summers performed in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- On 1977-12-17, Klark Kent recorded vocals at Surrey Sound Studios in Leatherhead, England, UK.
- On 1978-12-17, The Police performed at Top Rank in Cardiff, Wales, UK.
- On 1979-12-17, The Police performed at the Brighton Centre in Brighton, England, UK.
- On 1980-12-17, The Police left Mar del Plata - probably flying to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- On 1981-12-17, Sting shot his last scenes for Brimstone & Treacle at Shepperton Studios, England, UK.
- On 1982-12-17, The Police recorded Synchronicity on Montserrat.
- On 1983-12-17, The Police performed at the Cornwall Coliseum in St. Austell, England, UK.
- On 1985-12-17, Sting performed at Parc des Expositions in Avignon, France.
- On 1987-12-17, Sting sacked drummer Marvin Smith on a day off in London, England, UK.
- On 1989-12-17, Sting performed at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1991-12-17, Sting performed at the Parc des Expositions in Reims, France.
- On 1994-12-17, Sting allegedly made a secret trip to Brasilia with British Airways to taste "tea" - a by then legal drug.
- On 1995-12-17, Sting and Trudie Styler's son Giacomo is born in London, England, UK - with Sting attending.
- On 1996-12-17, Sting performed at Antares in Le Mans, France (LiSting joined Sting on stage for "I'm so happy I can't stop crying").
- On 1997-12-17, Andy Summers performed at the Ventura Theater in Ventura, CA, USA.
- On 2008-12-17, Sting performed at Orchard Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
- On 2009-12-17, Sting performed at the Festspielhaus in Baden-Baden, Germany.
- On 2010-12-17, Sting performed at the Teatr Polski in Warsaw, Poland.
- On 2011-12-17, Sting signs copies of his latest best of album at FNAC in Milan, Italy.
- On 2013-12-17, Henry Padovani was at Gibus club in Paris, France.
- On 2014-12-17, Sting performed at the Neil Simon Theatre in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2015-12-17, Sting performed in New York, NY, USA - while Stewart Copeland worked at the Sacred Grove in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2016-12-17, Sting met AC/DC's Brian Johnson and later sang at Chris Botti's concert at the Blue Note club in New York, NY, USA.
Recent days: December 16 – December 15 – December 14
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 9542
files, made 110,726
edits, have created 20,309
good articles and created 32,244