| This day in Police history: April 19
- On 1968-04-19, Andy Summers performed with Dantalian's Chariot for the last time.
- On 1977-04-19, Stewart Copeland visited Sonja Kristina at the hospital and then some friends and spends the evening at home in London, England, UK.
- On 1978-04-19, Stewart Copeland moved The Police's gear in London, England, UK.
- On 1979-04-19, The Police were in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- On 1980-04-19, The Police performed at the Eilenriedehalle in Hannover, Germany.
- On 1982-04-19, The Police performed at the Brendan Byrne Arena in East Rutherford, NJ, USA.
- On 1984-04-19, Sting went to the Ivor Novello Awards in London with his mother.
- On 1985-04-19, Sting was recording The Dream Of The Blue Turtles at Eddy Grant's Blue Wave Recording Studio in St.Philip, Barbados.
- On 1986-04-19, Sting performed at the Memorial Drive in Adelaide, Australia.
- On 1988-04-19, Sting talked and sang at a 1 hour press conference in Milan, Italy.
- On 1989-04-19, Sting was interviewd for Playboy magazine in Geneve, Switzerland.
- On 1992-04-19, Andy Summers performed at At My Place in Santa Monica, CA, USA.
- On 1993-04-19, Sting performed at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England, UK.
- On 1995-04-19, Andy Summers performed at the Teatro Municipal Coliseo Podestá in La Plata, Argentina - while Sting attended the premiere of "Moving the Mountain" at the Sony Theater in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1996-04-19, Sting performed at the Estadio Municipal Cartagonova in Cartagena, Spain.
- On 1998-04-19, Andy Summers performed at Le Scimmie in Milan, Italy.
- On 2001-04-19, Sting performed at the Dubai Tennis Stadium in Dubai, United Arab Emirates - while Stewart Copeland and Oysterhead recorded The Grand Pecking Order at The Barn in Vermont, USA.
- On 2006-04-19, Stewart Copeland sent a DVD with Everyone Stares: The Police Inside Out bonus material to Germany.
- On 2007-04-19, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers visited Siena, Italy.
- On 2013-04-19, Stewart Copeland was probably still in France visiting family.
- On 2014-04-19, Stewart Copeland performed at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk, VA, USA.
- On 2015-04-19, Sting performed in London, England, UK - while Stewart Copeland left Dallas, TX, USA.
- On 2016-04-19, Henry Padovani was in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- On 2018-04-19, Andy Summers performed in San Francisco, CA, USA - while Henry Padovani performed in London, England, UK.
Recent days: April 18 – April 17 – April 16
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 9789
files, made 114,031
edits, have created 20,979
good articles and created 33,180