|This day in Police history: August 15
- On 1966-08-15, Andy Summers performed with Zoot Money's Big Roll Band at the The Royal Albion in Walton-on-the-Naze, England, UK.
- On 1972-08-15, Stewart Copeland may have worked as "artistic director" for Cat Iron (a band with Kim Turner on drums) at the Marquee Club in London, England, UK.
- On 1976-08-15, Curved Air started the day in Germany - they probably travelled back to the UK.
- On 1977-08-15, Stewart Copeland took a train from Bournemouth to London, England, UK.
- On 1978-08-15, The Police rehearsed at their rehearsal space "Sounds Alright" in London, England, UK.
- On 1979-08-15, The Police rehearsed - probably in London, England, UK.
- On 1980-08-15, The Police were interviewed for "Salut!" magazine in Nantes, France.
- On 1981-08-15, The Police worked on live tracks at Le Studio (just south of Morin Heights).
- On 1982-08-15, The Police performed at Castle Farms Music Theatre in Charlevoix, MI, USA.
- On 1983-08-15, The Police performed at the Scope in Norfolk, VA, USA.
- On 1985-08-15, Sting performed at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 1987-08-15, Sting was probably shooting Stormy Monday on Newcastle, England, UK.
- On 1988-08-15, Sting performed at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA.
- On 1996-08-15, Sting probably spent his day off at home in Malibu, CA, USA.
- On 2003-08-15, Stewart Copeland rehearsed in Zollino, Italy - while Andy Summers performed in Studio City, CA, USA.
- On 2009-08-15, Sting and Trudie Styler visited Damanhur in Baldissero Canavese, Italy.
- On 2012-08-15, Stewart Copeland attended a promotional event at Santa Monica Audi in Santa Monica, CA, USA.
- On 2014-08-15, Sting and Trudie Styler attended a gala event for Malala Yousafzai at the Cornell Club in New York, NY, USA.
Recent days: August 14 – August 13 – August 12
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
||We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
||Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
|Most Recent Changes
11 August 2022
10 August 2022
9 August 2022
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 8
admins. This community consists of 5613
users who have uploaded a total of 17608
files, made 148,441
edits, have created 24,068
good articles and created 44,255