| This day in Police history: March 29
- On 1968-03-29, Dantalian's Chariot performed at The Mayfair Ballroom in Newcastle, England, UK.
- On 1973-03-29, Stewart Copeland (probably) worked as "artistic director" for Cat Iron (a band with Kim Turner on drums) at the Marquee Club in London, England, UK.
- On 1975-03-29, Curved Air performed at the City Hall in St. Albans, England, UK.
- On 1977-03-29, The Police spent the morning in Paris - they drove to Maasbree to get the equipment and then drove to Zeebrugge, Belgium.
- On 1978-03-29, Stewart Copeland and Jill Furmanovsky worked on Klark Kent photos at a graveyard in St. John's Wood in London, England, UK.
- On 1979-03-29, The Police performed at My Father's Place in Roslyn, NY, USA.
- On 1980-03-29, The Police were filming in Cairo - the footage will appear in Around The World.
- On 1982-03-29, The Police performed at the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- On 1983-03-29, Stewart Copeland and Stanard Ridgway recorded Don't Box Me In at Tres Virgos Studio in San Rafael, CA, USA.
- On 1985-03-29, Sting was recording The Dream Of The Blue Turtles at Eddy Grant's Blue Wave Recording Studio in St.Philip, Barbados - while Stewart Copeland was interviewed on "The Tube" TV show.
- On 1988-03-29, Sting performed at the Portland Memorial Coliseum in Portland, OR, USA.
- On 1991-03-29, Sting performed at Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix, AZ, USA.
- On 1993-03-29, Sting performed at the Palais Omnisports De Bercy in Paris, France.
- On 1994-03-29, Stewart Copeland was on Barbados - while Sting arrived in Madrid, Spain.
- On 1995-03-29, Sting and Trudie Styler were in Norfolk, England, UK - shooting The Grotesque.
- On 1996-03-29, Sting performed at Le Zénith in Lille, France.
- On 1998-03-29, Andy Summers and Victor Biglione recorded songs for the album Strings Of Desire in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 1999-03-29, Andy Summers left Cuba.
- On 2000-03-29, Sting performed at Royal Albert Hall in London, England, UK.
- On 2007-03-29, a press conference and VIP party with a jet lagged Stewart Copeland took place between 6 and 8pm in Tokyo, Japan.
- On 2013-03-29, Henry Padovani performed in Castiglione, Italy - while Stewart Copeland was at home in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2015-03-29, Stewart Copeland and his band took the tour bus from Sewanee to the Nashville, TN, USA - then probably flying to their respective homes.
- On 2016-03-29, Henry Padovani was on vacation on Mauritius - while Stewart Copeland rehearsed in Durham, NC, USA.
- On 2017-03-29, Sting performed at the Porsche-Arena in Stuttgart, Germany.
Recent days: March 28 – March 27 – March 26
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 8028
files, made 99,025
edits, have created 18,921
good articles and created 29,296