| This day in Police history: December 16
- On 1975-12-16, Curved Air probably recorded demos - probably in London, England, UK.
- On 1976-12-16, Sting said "Yeah" to Stewart Copeland's offer to join The Police. Stewart went to an NME party at Dingwalls with Henry Padovani.
- On 1977-12-16, Stewart Copeland recorded the backing tracks for his first Klark Kent single at Surrey Sound Studios.
- On 1978-12-16, The Police performed at Manchester Polytechnic in Manchester, England, UK.
- On 1979-12-16, The Police performed at the Gaumont Theatre in Southampton, England, UK.
- On 1980-12-16, The Police performed at Radio City in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- On 1981-12-16, The Police performed at Wembley Arena in London, England, UK - while The Flying Padovanis also performed in London, England, UK
- On 1982-12-16, The Police recorded Synchronicity at AIR Studios on Montserrat.
- On 1987-12-16, Sting performed at Wembley Arena in London, England, UK.
- On 1989-12-16, Sting performed at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1991-12-16, Sting performed at the Amphithea 4000 in Angers, France.
- On 1993-12-16, Stewart Copeland attended a benefit screening of "Heaven And Earth" at the Academy of Motion Pictures Theater in Beverly Hills, CA, USA.
- On 1994-12-16, Sting was interviewed at his country home by a journalist from MOJO magazine.
- On 1996-12-16, Sting performed at Parc des Expositions in Lorient, France.
- On 1997-12-16, Andy Summers performed at the Agenda Lounge in San Jose, CA, USA.
- On 1999-12-16, Sting performed on the "Parkinson" TV show in London's BBC Broadcasting House.
- On 2000-12-16, Sting appeared on the "Parkinson" TV show in London, England, UK (probably).
- On 2001-12-16, Andy Summers performed at Rocco in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2003-12-16, Sting visited "Ottakar's" bookstore in Salisbury, England, UK.
- On 2006-12-16, Sting attended the "Unicef Christmas in Fairyland" charity event at the Dorchester Hotel in London, England, UK.
- On 2008-12-16, Sting performed at Orchard Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
- On 2009-12-16, Sting and Dominic Miller travelled from Paris to Baden-Baden, Germany.
- On 2010-12-16, Sting performed on the "José Carreras Gala 2010" TV show at the Messehalle 1 in Leipzig, Germany.
- On 2011-12-16, Sting performed at Prague Castle in Prague, Czech Republic.
- On 2013-12-16, Henry Padovani was in Paris, France - while Stewart Copeland worked at Village Studios in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2014-12-16 , Sting performed at the Neil Simon Theatre in New York, NY, USA.
Recent days: December 15 – December 14 – December 13
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 9541
files, made 110,721
edits, have created 20,308
good articles and created 32,242