Wiki coding and language help
Need help figuring out basic wiki code, how to add content, and other basic issues of working with a wiki? Try these help pages:
Administrative issues about the wiki
- About the wiki: Information about the PoliceWiki project, our goals and approach can be found at PoliceWiki:About.
- Administrators: Information on the people involved in maintaining PoliceWiki can be found at PoliceWiki:Administrators.
- Copyright: Information on copyright and fair use are included at PoliceWiki:Copyrights.
- Funding: Financial information about the PoliceWiki can be found at PoliceWiki:Site support.
- Neutral point of view: Discussion of and article neutrality disputes can be found at PoliceWiki:Neutral point of view.
- Notability: An explanation of PoliceWiki's standards for article inclusion can be found at PoliceWiki:Article notability.
Article and Category Help
- Articles: General style notes on writing articles for PoliceWiki is explained at Help:Articles, as well as our policies on articles about individuals.
- Article titles: The proper naming of articles in PoliceWiki is explained at Help:Naming articles.
- Categories: The use and creation of categories is explained at Help:Categories.
- Citations: Information on properly citing sources, and noting un-cited or improperly cited text is provided at Help:Citations.
- Disambiguation: How to deal with articles that would share the same name is explained at Help:Disambiguation.
- Events: The naming, writing and disambiguation of event articles is explained at Help:Events.
- Stubs: An explanation of Stubs -- and also Under construction pages -- is provided in the article Help:Stubs.
- Templates: Templates suggested for use in creating new pages - or adding content to pages only marked as Stubs - can be found at Help:Templates.
Images and other Media Help
- Information on uploading, properly categorizing and tagging images can be found at Help:Images and other media.