The Police: 1978-1983
|The Police: 1978-1983|
|Author:||Lynn Goldsmith, Phil Sutcliffe (Introduction)|
|Country:||United States of America|
|Publisher:||Little, Brown and Company|
|Publication date:||July 2007|
The Police: 1978-1983 is a photography book on The Police featuring the work of Lynn Goldsmith. It is the second book of Police photography published by Goldsmith, the first being The Police in 1983. Goldsmith was one of the primary photographers of the band and this book collects a large number of mostly previously unpublished images of the band.
The book is broken into the following sections:
- The Police: NYC-LA-London
- On the road
The introduction to the book is provided by Phil Sutcliffe, and quotes are provided throughout the book by Sting, Stewart Copeland, and Andy Summers. A portion of the royalties from this book are donated by Goldsmith to the Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation.
Quotations and trivia
Discussion first appeared in the Spring of 2003 on Ask Uncle Ian that Goldsmith was preparing to publish a new volume of Police photography. Originally the plan was for the photographs to be highlighted with quotes from fans about why the liked The Police.
- First edition: July 2007, hardcover, 192 pages.
- The Police: 1978-1983 @ Amazon
- Review in The Austin Chronicle
- The Police: 1978-1983 @ Lynn Goldsmith Photography
- Goldsmith, Lynn. The Police: 1978-1983. Introduction by Phil Sutcliffe. Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 2007.