| This day in Police history: September 25
a flyer for the 1996-09-25
Japanese concert - provided by Patrick Kehrer
- On 1968-09-25, Andy Summers and Eric Burdon And The Animals cancelled a concert at the Shimin-Kaikan Hall in Sakata, Japan
- On 1976-09-25, Phil Sutcliffe introduced Stewart Copeland and Sting after Last Exit's concert at St. Mary's College in Newcastle, England, UK.
- On 1977-09-25, Lawrence Impey photographed The Police at Sting's place in London, England, UK.
- On 1978-09-25, Sting arrived in Brighton, England, UK.
- On 1980-09-25, Andy Summers was accompanied by Record Mirror journalists in Kinsale, Ireland.
- On 1981-09-25, The Police rehearsed for the upcoming German tour at Nomis Studios in London, England, UK.
- On 1982-09-25, Sting attended a book release party in London, England, UK - while Stewart Copeland met friends in London, England, UK
- On 1983-09-25, The Police travelled from Nice to Nantes, France.
- On 1985-09-25, Sting performed at the Radio City Music Hall in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1989-09-25, Sting probably watched a Rolling Stones concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC, USA.
- On 1991-09-25, Sting performed at the Starwood Amphitheatre in Nashville, TN, USA.
- On 1992-09-25, Sting recorded Ten Summoner's Tales at Lake House in Wiltshire, England, UK.
- On 1994-09-25, Sting spent a day off in Cape Town, South Africa.
- On 1996-09-25, Sting performed at the Osaka-Jo Hall in Osaka, Japan.
- On 1999-09-25, Sting received an award at the TEC Awards in New York, NY, USA - while Andy Summers performed in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2000-09-25, Sting travelled from Johannesburg to Durban, South Africa.
- On 2002-09-25, Andy Summers performed at Joe's Pub in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2004-09-25, Sting performed at Cricket Pavilion in Phoenix, AZ, USA.
- On 2006-09-25, Sting attended a charity poker game hosted by Zac Goldsmith at "Fifty" in London, England, UK.
- On 2007-09-25, The Police performed at the Estádio Nacional in Lisbon, Portugal.
- On 2012-09-25, Sting received the "International Green Film Award" at the Harvard Club of New York in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2013-09-25, Sting performed at The Public Theater in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2014-09-25, Sting attended the "Days And Nights" premiere in New York, NY, USA - while Henry Padovani was in Barcelona, Spain.
- On 2016-09-25, Sting was probably still in Las Vegas, NV, USA - while Henry Padovani performed in Nice, France.
- On 2017-09-25, Sting performed at Spektrum in Oslo, Norway.
Recent days: September 24 – September 23 – September 22
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 9183
files, made 107,242
edits, have created 19,976
good articles and created 31,529