| This day in Police history: January 17
- On 1967-01-17, Andy Summers performed with Zoot Money's Big Roll Band at the Marquee in London, England, UK.
- On 1968-01-17, Andy Summers performed with Dantalian's Chariot at the Nottingham Boat Club in Nottingham, England, UK.
- On 1976-01-17, Curved Air performed at Leicester Polytechnic in Leicester, England, UK.
- On 1977-01-17, Stewart Copeland had a trial rehearsal with Sting and Henry Padovani in London, England, UK.
- On 1978-01-17, The Police recorded at Surrey Sound Studios - while Wayne County & The Electric Chairs performed at Dingwalls in London, England, UK.
- On 1979-01-17, The Police performed in Frankfurt, Germany - while Wayne County & The Electric Chairs performed in Paris, France.
- On 1982-01-17, The Police stayed at the Berkshire Place Hotel in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1983-01-17, Lynn Goldsmith took photos of Sting in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1985-01-17, Sting rehearsed with various musicians at SIR Studios in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1986-01-17, Sting performed at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England, UK.
- On 1990-01-17, Sting performed at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1991-01-17, Sting rehearsed for the Saturday Night Live show in New York, NY, USA.
- On 1996-01-17, a Swedish newspaper did an interview with Sting in London, England, UK.
- On 1997-01-17, Sting performed at the Mozartsaal in Mannheim, Germany.
- On 1999-01-17, Andy Summers performed at The Baked Potato in Hollywood, CA, USA.
- On 2000-01-17, Sting performed at Summum in Grenoble, France.
- On 2001-01-17, Sting left Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- On 2004-01-17, at 4:00pm Stewart Copeland made an appearance at the NAMM 2004 convention - while Sting rehearsed in South Florida, USA.
- On 2005-01-17, Sting and his band were in Fukuoka, Japan.
- On 2006-01-17, Andy Summers performed with Corey Christiansen at Spazio in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2007-01-17, Sting visited a Salsa lesson at the National Ballet in Havanna, Cuba.
- On 2008-01-17, The Police performed at Westpac Stadium in Wellington, New Zealand.
- On 2009-01-17, Sting and Trudie Styler attended the cocktail reception for the movie "Moon" in Park City, UT, USA.
- On 2011-01-17, Sting performed at the Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
- On 2013-01-17, Andy Summers attended the "Photo LA" exhibition in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- On 2015-01-17, Sting performed at the Neil Simon Theatre in New York, NY, USA - while Stewart Copeland had guests at the Sacred Grove.
- On 2016-01-17, Stewart Copeland attended a performance of The Cask of Amontillado at Dixon Place in New York, NY, USA.
- On 2017-01-17, Sting was seen at Madeo Ristorante in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Recent days: January 16 – January 15 – January 14
What is The PoliceWiki?
The goal of the PoliceWiki is for fans of The Police, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and Sting (and Henry Padovani too!) to have a place to document the band's history and fandom in a format that is open to everyone's contributions of knowledge, reference materials and experiences.
Why a wiki? There is already a wealth of Police and related information on the internet that has been assembled and generated by dedicated, hardworking fans for many years. But the difficulty is that this information on the band -- its history, its members, their accomplishments both as a band and in their solo careers -- is spread all over the place. There's a timeline of events over here; a discography over there; a list of solo efforts on one site for one band member and elsewhere for another. There is also useful information scattered throughout decades of magazine articles and interviews easily lost track of through time and through websites disappearing.
With the PoliceWiki, we wish to make it possible to locate such information quickly and easily. We want to serve as a quick reference site where various types of information relevant to the band can be brought together into a single repository, and to make it so that information can be easily expanded upon, corrected or added by anyone who has details to share. We also wish to document the fandom of the band as well, hence our past partnership with the FanHistory (where User:sockii first learned the ropes of being a Wiki admin and contributor).
New editors are always welcome to join the project and help out, although editing accounts must be approved by User:sockii to protect the site from vandalism and spam attacks. Please contact her directly if you'd like to obtain access. You don't need to be an expert on Police history, just a fan with some time to share and a desire to make the wiki better. Please see PoliceWiki:About for more information on the history, goals, and approach of the PoliceWiki, and our Help pages for specific details on getting started.
| Wiki News
| October 29
|| We are currently running a fundraising campaign to help offset the costs of recent upgrades and maintenance work for the website. If you love The PoliceWiki and want to see it continue to grow and thrive, please visit our GoFundMe page.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| October 24
|| Maintenance work is now complete on the Wiki and editing is back open for business. We are hoping to transition the site to a dedicated URL/domain next month, so stay tuned for updates and further details regarding any site downtime.--Sockii (talk) 07:11, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
| more info
An important message from the Wiki admin staff: Our Wiki team works extremely hard to acquire usage rights for copyrighted images used on this site such as concert photos, candid photos, and licensed photography. These usage rights are granted for the PoliceWiki ONLY in many cases! Please click on any image included here to read the license and usage rights described fully, and do not assume just because an image is posted here that you can just take it and re-post it on Facebook, Tumblr, your own webpage, etc. To do so jeopardizes our ability to serve the Police fan community with this archive of information and imagery. Violators of these usage rights may be served with copyright violation warnings and DMCA notices from the copyright holders involved. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PoliceWiki is run by 7
admins. This community consists of 5612
users who have uploaded a total of 8723
files, made 102,965
edits, have created 19,379
good articles and created 30,461