- The Sun - February 8, 1980 - with stuff from New Orleans 1980-01-30: Andy has cut his face by colliding with a barman... Sting has a gash on his leg where collided with an amp... Stewart strained his back a couple of weeks ago when he moved houses - he uses painkillers before every gig
- "Sound International"'s Ralph Denyer visited The Police at their respective homes during their break in January 1980. He first visited Stewart at 8pm on a Wednesday evening. He might have visited Sting next, then Andy. He also took photographs at the It's Alright For You video shoot (most probably on 1980-01-16). (Sound International - March 1980)
- Sting's phone number in Ireland - Andy Partridge was asked about The Police here: http://chalkhills.org/articles/swindonAdvertiser.html#q1
"There was in fact,quite a good friendship,and if its not too immodest to say,a little rivalry,between ourselves and the Police. Sting could be found right down at the front at many an early London gig of ours,picking up tips on how not to do it. We toured quite a bit with them at one time,around Europe and the US,and spent many a lively afternoon on a tourbus playing backgammon,talking music or simply giving ourselves ballache by watching porn. Of course they were the headliners as they had better hair and trousers than us and we'd drop them off at a nice hotel and then rumble on to a crappy cheap motel on the edge of town that was our intended hovel du jour. Stewart Copeland nabbed a Drums and Wires Tshirt from us and virtually lived in it for a couple of years,you'll see it in countless photos and film clips. Incidentally I had Stings phone number when he lived in Ireland,it was 3.The little village he made his home obviously never had many phone owners."
- Didi Zill at Sting s Ireland home: Sting is holding the 1980-10-04 Record Mirror issue (released around October 2)
- asked during a NY press conference (probably 1980-12-01) they replied they had seen Springsteen, The Plasmatics and The Stranglers while being in the States (Springsteen 1980-11-27, then Plasmatics, Stranglers: http://www.xulucomics.com/Live.html)
Pages in category "1980"
The following 200 pages are in the current category.(previous 200) (next 200)